Sunday, March 14, 2010

Missing post

Just realized that I tried last week to get a post up that had a sample of my prototype that never made it on the blog. For some reason e-blogger only accepts pictures and video...annoying. Update none-the-less. So I was able to get some great feedback on my prototype including some constructive thoughts on how the structure and sound of the mixes should feel and how I could potentially exhibit my work in a gallery setting. It was mentioned on headphones but my preference would be on a speaker setup. We'll see as the show comes nearer and I get a better feel for how others would like to present. Over the next two weeks, I will be working out the kinks of interfacing and writing as much of the software necessary in SuperCollider to support my piece, allowing me to run as many 9-10 minute mixes as possible over the course of next quarter and fine tune a few select compositions based on the time and material experimented with that can be ready for the gallery. In essence, from the start of next quarter, it will be a matter of iterating and getting feedback weekly to get the best possible sound and experience out of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment